Our research focuses on:
- transforming the information of engineering systems through process simulation, statistical methods and machine learning for sustainability modeling applications (e.g., life cycle assessment, techno-economic analysis, material flow analysis).
- building models and tools for analyzing the environmental, economic and social impacts of emerging technologies for bioenergy, biofuels and bioproducts at different scales.
- investigating the synergies and tradeoffs between bioeconomy, circular economy and climate change mitigation through a systems modeling approach.
Our research aims to:
- create open-access databases and models for integrated, multi-scope and multi-scale evaluation of emerging technologies and their implementation.
- transform research outcomes into user-friendly tools and educational materials.
- engage stakeholders from different groups, including industries, academia and government, to collaborate on sustainable bioeconomy projects.
Sponsored projects (ongoing)
Sponsored projects (completed)